Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Darkened Night




The night was sticky and humid, it was close to 2-00am. The fan was droning in the background yet, I hardly felt any relief. That was the problem with the old flat the harsh sun had begun to rise upon the roof, and by late afternoon the temperature was scoring high that heated the apartment to an unbearable heat similar to an inferno.

Feeling oppressed by the hot humid weather I thought of going outside on the balcony to escape the balmy atmosphere of the small apartment. When suddenly a bright flashing light come flooding into my bedroom window. Blinded by the flash at first glance my eyes closed fast. While readjusting my eyes to look around the room, I was startled by a strange flickering glow.

Within the shadow of the glowing light was the silhouette of two strange figures walking towards me. The light dimmed and a voice echoed eerily inside my mind that was not in English. It was a language that I could not decipher.

A heaviness fell upon my mind that overpowered me in falling into a deep sleep. The next morning I awoke early with all the details of the night vividly projecting each scene throughout my mind like a movie. Feeling dazed I gazed at the balcony door and was further disturbed at the sight of it being wide open. Something I had always made sure of was to never leave the balcony door unlocked before going to sleep. Not being able to make sense of it all, the memories were left aside.

Several years later since this night, there are moments that I do question of what may of actually occurred. The vague dreams that leap forth of the flashing visions, odd voices and dark strange lurking shadows from long ago still haunt my mind.




Copyright
1EGN-SBWK-ONLV-KJMU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing, Creative Writing.,   https://twitter.com/marieannelecler/status/1518968246266867718?s=21&t=dGSLU63Z2mmC2mS1pV_MgA